Roast chickpeas are an awesome healthy snack–that are quick and easy to make.
Drain 2 cans of chickpeas (garbanzo beans), rinse them and pat dry. They will taste better if you skin them; here’s an easy technique from America’s Test Kitchen on skinning chickpeas. Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil, spread the chickpeas and put in the oven for 15 minutes. Pull the chickpeas out of the oven.
Mix the spices and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a mixing bowl. Toss chickpeas until coated.
Put beans back on baking sheet and bake for approximately 30 more minutes. Check periodically to make sure that the beans do not burn.
When the chickpeas are crunchy let them cool and put them in an air tight container.
- 2 cans chickpeas,
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 2 tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Drain the can of chickpeas and rinse them
- Remove the skin on the chickpeas
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
- Spread chickpeas in a single layer, and roast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Combine oil, salt, red chili powder, garam masala powder and garlic powder in a mixing bowl. Toss chickpeas until coated.
- Spread coated chickpeas back on backing sheet and put back in oven for another 30 minutes. Check periodically to make sure they con’t burn
- Take out of oven, and let them cool completely. Stored in an air-tight container.